Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend Recap- exes, partying, cliques and haterade

This weekend I went to a house warming and it was a lot of fun. Black folks really know how to throw a house warming party don't they! White folks house warming start by 2pm and is over by 5 or 6pm. Black folks schedule their house warming aka house party to start at 5pm, but the home owners don't start getting ready until 4:30 pm, people don't start arriving until 5:45 pm, the food isn't ready until 7:30pm, but the dranks are flowing from the moment the first guest arrives lol. Which means that people are tipsy by 8pm and by the end of the party, which may last as long at 12am people are dead drunk and most likely a few people will have to spend the night. lol


Now ain't that black folks for ya, turning a house warming party into a all out house party and then folks getting so drunk that they can't drive home.


I had a good time though, even though I was draggin' instead of staggin' as I had planned. I had (well not actually had, but felt obligated) to take my kid's father along with me because somehow my family thinks that we are still together. So when they told me about the party they asked if he would be coming and I said I didn't know, which I could have ended the misconception right there, but I didn't, so they figured if he wasn't working then he would be with me and he wasn't working so he was....


It wasn't as bad as it could have been, being that he and I are known for arguing anytime we have to be around each other for more than a few hours. We actually got along pretty well, I didn't even have to use any profane language with him, so that was nice. On the ride there I told him that my cousin who was having the house warming party thought that we were still together and he laughed and said that it amuses him everytime we are around each other's families and have to play this "we are together" game. He says its funny to him to watch me squirm when certain questions get asked and he likes to see just how far things will go with us playing along.


Thank God no questions were asked Saturday night. BUT he did say that he still wants to get married. I almost asked to who, but I knew he meant me. I don't know if that will ever happen, being that I still dislike him at times, but somewhere in my heart I guess I do love him..don't I? Well I guess if I have to ask that question, that definitely means we shouldn't be planning any weddings lol.


One thing I didn't like about the party was that some of the women there were pulling the same ole bullshit that they are known for pulling. Yep the clique bullshit. If you previously knew each other then you hung tough, any newcomers were on their own when it came to conversation and socializing. And the clique had to do the usual looking the pretty lady (including myself) over from head to toe from the moment she was introduced, and you didn't get a friendly hi or hello, instead you got, oh hey and then they quickly reverted back to their private conversation. Why do women do that? Why can't another women be pretty and look damn hawt without some woman feeling intimidated by her, even though they don't know each other and this woman hasn't done anything wrong? Thats some serious bullshit there and I see it happen all the time.


My ex asked about it and I said that it's sad, but it happens all the time, so most women usually expect to see it at some point or another when they are out and around other women. Somebody in the crowd is going to be a hater, hell sometimes the whole clique been drinkin haterade!


I know men must be glad that other men don't sit around and act this childish and petty..or do they? Honestly I haven't seen this type of pettiness from men much. Even at this party, the men were all hanging out regardless of who was familiar with each other. They got their drank on, talked shit and enjoyed each other's company.Why can't women just do that and shut the hell up?


2 Comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

now u know we got skills like that we can get a funeral crunk

Anonymous said...

yeah i agree to what he said!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online